Since the advent of online gambling, most (if not all) online casino operators have been head over heels trying to invent innovative ways to lure players to their websites. And one of the most successful marketing caducei in the online gambling realm has been free bonuses and codes. Generally, they’re rewards extended by casino operators to new and existing players to entice them to register or continue playing at a particular casino, and a good example is the bitcasino.io bonus code.
Unfortunately, the proliferation of the online gambling market has made it almost impossible to find genuine free bonuses and promotions. Worse still, some punters tend to overlook these free goodies, assuming they’re of little or no benefit.
Before someone kicks the can down the road, let’s first get the basics out of the way. Shall we?
Different Types of Online Casino Free Bonuses Explained
As a player, you will come across multiple bonuses and promotions to grow your bankroll, all of which have different terms and conditions. They include;
- Welcome bonus: This is the very first type of free bonus that you’ll come across in any online casino. It usually comes in the form of a deposit bonus and free spins, and it’s mainly available to new punters registering on the casino’s online platform for the first time. And just like any other free bonus, a welcome bonus also comes with a wagering requirement before cashing out.
- Deposit bonus: This form of free bonus covers a specific portion of your deposit, say something like 50% or 100%.
- No deposit bonus: A no-deposit bonus is the extreme opposite of a deposit bonus. You don’t need to make any deposit to receive it, although you need to meet the specified wagering requirements to cash out winnings accrued using the bonus. You can check out the latest no deposit bonus at this free credit casino page.
- Cashback bonuses: When gambling in an online casino, the chances of winning or losing are equal. However, the cashback bonus helps cover some of your losses by paying back some of what you’ve lost. Usually, online casinos reward players with this bonus on a daily, weekly, or monthly interval.
- Free spins: These are the most common free bonuses. Online casinos usually dish them out in batches of 20, 30, 50, 100, and 200 like you get with fire joker free spins. The only problem with free spins is that they’re eligible for specific slot games and machines, plus you need to exhaust them within a specified time.
- VIP bonuses: This free bonus is intended to reward loyal customers, and it usually includes a more generous cashback bonus, free spins, or even chauffeur services.
The Pros of Online Casino Free Bonuses
No matter how you look at it, bonuses are essentially free money to the players. And for a player running on a tight budget, free money is a much-needed financial perk. Below, we have outlined some of the key benefits of online casino free bonuses;
You Get To Try Out The Casino’s Gaming Experience
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced punter visiting a casino for the first time, a free welcome bonus allows you to learn the gaming basics of the casino. This can significantly reduce the risks of losing funds once you start wagering for real money.
Depending on the casino you choose, some allow you to try out their gaming experience for free, while others require you to use your welcome bonuses. For this reason, it’s always advisable to first read the T&C’s, as well as the withdrawal rules before claiming any offer.
Hedges You Against Risk
Gambling is a game of chances, and you can only win or lose at any particular game or moment. Still, the higher the risk, the higher the rewards. With a free bonus, however, you get to significantly reduce the chances of losing more money while increasing your winnings.
Every day, more and more gambling sites keep on bursting into the online gambling scene. Faced with multiple and better choices to choose from, players today will not hesitate to jump from one site to the next.
With the help of free bonuses, however, online casinos can help in retaining players, ultimately earning their royalty. Better yet, free bonuses also help loyal customers squeeze the maximum benefits from their stakes and winnings.
Allows Players To Experiment
Free bonuses come in all shapes and sizes. And thanks to their versatility, all the players irrespective of their favorite game are rewarded. Whether you love roulette, slots, blackjack, or table games, it’s hard to find a casino that doesn’t offer some form of reward. And even in instances where the bonuses aren’t particularly aligned with the player’s favorite game, it opens new doors of possibilities by trying out something new.
Helps Improves Gameplay
Free bonuses and credits can also help improve gameplay by allowing players to practice their skills and simulate different strategies to win once they start gambling for real money.
The Cons of Free Online Casino Bonuses
Just like any other concept out there, free online casino bonuses also do have their demerits. They include;
Although online casino free bonuses are an excellent way to get a cash bonus or even free spins, you can almost certainly bet that the wagering requirements will melt your celebration especially when you win big.
Basically, a wagering requirement is the number of times a player must wager their own money before they can be allowed to cash out their winnings. This is the very reason why we keep on emphasizing the importance of reading the terms and conditions of a free bonus offer before scooping it up.
If the wagering requirement has unrealistic expectations, chances are high that you may never be able to cash it out. Generally, the juicier a casino bonus offer, the higher the wagering requirements. So, always read and understand the T&Cs of every offer, no matter how simple or similar it is.
Many (if not all) high rollers despise free casino bonuses, all thanks to their high cashout limits. Imagine winning $200 using your bonus, only to realize that the cashout limit is $2000. Frustrating right?
Just like wagering requirements, it’s super-important to read and understand the T&Cs to ensure you know what you’re walking into before fully committing your time and resources.
Online casinos are primarily known for their huge variety of games, which is why they’ve managed to overtake land-based casinos. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Online casinos have completely overshadowed their predecessors by far and large, thanks to their generous and wide-ranging free offers. The top online casinos reward new and existing players with a host of bonuses and promotions to boost their bankroll and lure them to stick around.
But that does not mean that free bonuses have their downsides considering some come with unrealistic wagering requirements and cash-out limits. The key lies in intensely probing every bonus offer and judging it by its own merits. If it sounds too good to be true, it’s probably a good idea to avoid it altogether.