Are you struggling with frame rate issues trying to play SWTOR? I have a pretty decent gaming system and I experienced some troubles myself when I had the game at max graphics. The good news is there is an option. You don’t have to struggle through the game with slow frame rates and choppy play. If these problems get worse when you enter interior locations, then you are not alone.
Players complained about these issues and BioWare has an official answer in the Star Wars: The Old Republic forum.
Community representative “Arrthen” explains:
“”Our development team and our production team have been investigating this issue and we want to thank everyone who has posted constructively on this thread. You’ve provided the development team with a basis for investigation into the low FPS issues, and with your help they have identified and are in the process of resolving the indoor framerate drop.””
A detailed post of the problem along with a fix is expected soon but for now, the BioWare technical team has this for way of advice:
- Close any and all applications running in the background.
- Turn down the in-game graphic settings.
- Change the settings to favor performance over quality if you are using a third party graphic management software.
- Turning off “bloom” in the graphic options in game.
- Turning shadows off and shaders low.
- Update your drivers.