Eric Musco from Bioware has posted a list of the planned changes for Pyrotech Powertech and Plasmatech Vanguard commin in Patch 5.3.
Check it out:
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.
- Increased the Searing Wave damage bonus given by Superheated Flamethrower from 20% to 50%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Missile by 10%
- In addition to its previous effects, Rain of Fire now increases the damage dealt by Incendiary Missile by 10%
- Increased the critical damage bonus given by Firebug from 10% to 15%
- Increased the Ion Squall damage bonus given by Pulse Generator from 20% to 50%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Round by 10%
- In addition to its previous effects, Rain of Fire now increases the damage dealt by Incendiary Round by 10%
- Increased the critical damage bonus given by Plasmatic Assault from 10% to 15%
DevNotes: The changes to Pyrotech / Plasmatech are aimed at bringing the discipline up to its intended target DPS. With the change to Superheated Flamethrower / Pulse Generator, we wanted to make Searing Wave / Ion Squall more than just an ability used to buff the next Immolate / Plasma Flare. It can now pack quite a punch of its own.
We reduced the damage dealt by Incendiary Missile / Incendiary Round as part of our changes to bring the Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando down to its target DPS, but the Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard did not need this change, so we offset it with the change to Rain of Fire.
Finally, we wanted to give the all-too-predictable Pyrotech / Plasmatech a little more variability with their damage, so we increased the critical damage bonus slightly for some of their abilities with the change to Firebug / Plasmatic Assault. On the whole, Pyrotechs / Plasmatechs should see a significant DPS increase and parse in the realm of the new Hatred Assassins / Serenity Shadows.