Eric Musco from Bioware has posted a list of the planned changes for Virulence Sniper and Dirty Fightingr coming in Patch 5.3.
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.
- Cull deals 25% less damage
- Weakening Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Cull
- Increased Lethal Shot weapon damage by 13% and reduced its poison damage by 35%
- Toxic Surge deals 20% more damage
- In addition to its previous effects, Lethal Takedown now also reduces the energy cost of Takedown by 3
- Wounding Shots deals 25% less damage
- Hemorrhaging Blast deals 11% more damage, costs 5 energy, and is no longer triggered by weapon damage from Wounding Shots
- Increased Dirty Blast weapon damage by 13% and reduced its bleed damage by 35%
- Bloody Mayhem deals 20% more damage
- In addition to its previous effects, Dirty Shot now also reduces the energy cost of Quickdraw by 3
DevNotes: The changes to the Virulence Sniper / Dirty Fighting Gunslinger are meant to bring the discipline down to its target DPS. The damage reduction to Cull / Wounding Shots and the changes to Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast and Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast brought Virulence / Dirty Fighting slightly below its target DPS, so we increased the damage of Toxic Surge / Bloody Mayhem to get it back to the target.
The change to Lethal Takedown / Dirty Shot addressed a situation where it was better to use Lethal Shot / Dirty Blast while the target was under the effect of your Weakening Blast / Hemorrhaging Blast.