Below are the upcoming changes for Lethality and Ruffian along with the notes from the SWTOR dev team on why they are occurring.
Note: All changes below are currently in development and are subject to change before being released.
- Corrosive Assault weapon damage has been increased by 13.97% but it no longer triggers Toxic Blast damage
- Corrosive Assault no longer deals additional damage per poison effect. Instead, Corrosive Assault weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic poison effects
- Toxic Blast now costs 10 Energy and deals 14.29% more damage
- Brutal Shots weapon damage has been increased by 13.97% but it no longer triggers Sanguinary Shot damage
- Brutal Shots no longer deals additional damage per bleed effect. Instead, Brutal Shots weapon damage now triggers additional damage from your periodic bleed effects
- Sanguinary Shot now costs 10 Energy and deals 14.29% more damage
DevNotes: The Lethality / Ruffian discipline was overperforming, so we made a few changes that lower its DPS down to the appropriate target. Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots saw the bulk of the changes for Lethality / Ruffian because the ability was responsible for the bulk of the discipline’s damage. The triggered damage from Lethality / Ruffian periodic effects is less than the poison / bleed damage from the Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots ability which it is replacing, causing overall DPS output to go down.
The increase to Toxic Blast’s / Sanguinary Shot’s cost along with the fact that it is no longer triggered by Corrosive Assault / Brutal Shots weapon damage means that its overall effectiveness has been reduced as well. We increased the energy cost of Toxic Blast / Sanguinary Shot because energy management for Lethality / Ruffian was trivial to the point that Adrenaline Probe / Cool Head and Rifle Shot / Flurry of Bolts often never needed to be used by the discipline.