Please consider registering
March 18, 2012
A new event is coming to SWTOR so get ready! Starting on June 28, there will be a Dark vs. Light event. You will need to start brand new characters for this event. Previous characters and their milestones or achievements will not count for this event. There will be rewards based on each reward level you can reach:
The event ends this fall and you do not have to keep the character to achieve the requirements. Once you have completed the objective by receiving the achievement, that character no longer needs to be active. So you could level to 50 on a character, and then delete it. This may work for people who just want to win the awards for the event but don't have 8 free character slots on their primary legacy server.
Some other options are:
- Complete the objectives on a different server than the server where you are capped.
- Purchase additional Character Slots (to make this easier the team is planning to put these on sale at the start of the event)
EARN GALACTIC REWARDS*
Start a new character and master challenges to earn increasingly more epic rewards – Choose your path to Legendary beginning June 28! Plus, the outcome of players’ choices will impact the state of the galaxy this fall. Check back to see which side is dominating and stay tuned for more details.
Some rewards such as titles and pack rewards are delivered as earned. Others, such as the Companions, Victor’s Trailblazer and Titan vehicles are delivered at the end of the event this fall. Find out more about the rewards you can earn with your heroic efforts: http://www.swtor.com/blog/dark.....wards-blog.
Here are some things we know about the event and associated rewards.
The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:
- Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
- Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
- End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.
The event could be very promising to new players or returning players but for vets who have many toons (or even maxed out high levels in a Legacy) are going to be disappointed with this. It's Bioware asking you to do all the same content over again. Not many veteran players are going to find this idea exciting and the rewards might not be worth all the work they'd have to do either.
What do you think? Are you "Yay!"or "meh" about this new event?
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:WiltonBonner, bojo2112jon, nsoprano, Kendevia, cannon1, ZacharyEdwards, arglebargle, antonysmith1990, Aniend1968, narppeasant
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 88, Mikkel: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 3201, Lisa Clark: 1952, Versed: 8