A story broke last week at the New York Times concerning a fiendish plot by North Korean leader Kim Jong-il to raise badly needed cash, by unleashing young hackers on South Korea’s immensely popular online gaming sites, and it got me thinking about the potential perils facing SWTOR new-comers.
- Be wary of strangers, and if need be take a leaf out of Hans Solo’s book and just blast first.
- Don’t buy from cheap credit sites – they’ll only be investing your money in spats and wide rimmed hats for their gangster meet-ups and oil for their perfectly trimmed little moustaches. Or worse.
- If you see anyone farming, do your bit. Chop their faces off with your lightsaber. They’ll thank you in the long-run…
- Follow the lead of the British government and make farming too expensive an occupation to sustain life, so all the farms close and we end up importing food-stuff that was indigenous to our own country in the sodding first place!
- Avoid flashy looking players at all costs – if they look like a Sith pimp, you should question their motives when they express a desire to “protect you”. Or call you pretty.
- Become a MMORPG monk, shun all commodities in favour of wandering through the game peacefully in a quest for self-discovery. Yes, it’s expensive for essentially doing nothing, but at least your soul will be clean and your pockets unrifled.
- Press the “power off” button. If in doubt or danger, just get up off your arse and turn the bloody computer off!