As more people are getting into game testing now and game testing is open to European players as well, we will hear about more people in game testing. While it is a violation to screen capture or talk about certain aspects of the game, there will probably be friends who talk and share certain pieces of info. But you better be careful about what you share and how.
If you get in, you may find yourself so excited, you want to shout it to the rooftops. Be aware, however, that while you can tell the world you are game testing, you cannot tell them about what you are doing in testing or reveal things about the game itself.
No. Sharing screenshots or videos with anyone is a direct violation of the NDA you agreed to when you accepted the testing invitation. We take this very seriously and violations could result in your account being permanently suspended and serious legal action. You can review the terms of the agreement here: http://www.swtor.com/game-testing-agreement.
While it is acceptable to install the game on more than one machine at your home, you should avoid playing from multiple physical locations. You should also NEVER install or play the game in a public place. We monitor testing accounts closely, and do remove accounts from the program if we have reason to believe you are sharing your account or that you have sold it.
ADDENDUM B of the Game Testing Agreement gives examples of confidential information (that which you may not disclose):
1. Any contact/private information for BWA or LucasArts personnel that is provided to you.
2. Any contact information (address, password, etc.) to any private areas for use in connection with the Game Program, including but not limited to, chat, email and message boards.
3. Any information/discussions/postings from the private boards or forum for the Game Program.
4. Any comments/information that would allow people who are not currently part of the Game Program to get access to the Game Program or Game through either legitimate or illegitimate means.
5. Post or distribute any screen captures, pictures, videos, podcasts, screenshots or any other representations, known or unknown, of any content in the Game or other Game Materials.
6. Any public posting or commentary of the game based on your participation in the Game Program.
7. Any comments or discussions on new features or other new functionalities in the Game or other Game Materials.
8. Any details regarding the stability of the Game or the Game servers.
9. General comments about the Game’s overall development.
10. Any comments on any aspect of the Game or other Game Materials not covered by Addendum A above.