In the ever-expanding universe of “Star Wars,” anticipation often runs as high as the twin suns of Tatooine. But, it seems like fans might need to channel their inner Yoda-level patience for the latest addition to the saga, “Star Wars: New Jedi Order.” Despite the buzz at last April’s Star Wars Celebration in London, where Lucasfilm teased us with plans for three new movies, the journey to the next chapter appears to be a bit more winding than we initially thought.
The Mandalorian & Grogu Take the Lead
While the force seemed strong with the “New Jedi Order,” it’s “The Mandalorian & Grogu” that’s now set to be the next big screen starship to launch from Lucasfilm’s dock. This pivot has left fans scratching their heads and wondering, “What about the other promised adventures?”
The Waiting Game for “New Jedi Order”
The “New Jedi Order,” a project that promises to delve into the era post-Skywalker Saga, is still on the cards. However, whispers from the corridors of Lucasfilm suggest that this particular star cruiser might not be ready to jump to hyperspace just yet. Steven Knight, the writer who took over from Damon Lindelof, reportedly hasn’t turned in a draft of the screenplay. Could this be a case of creative hyperdrive malfunction, or is it just the usual twists and turns in the galaxy far, far away?
The Script Saga – A Tale of Time and Tumult
The script for “New Jedi Order” seems to be caught in a bit of a Sarlacc pit. Originally, the dynamic duo of Lindelof and Justin Brit-Gibson were at the helm, but creative differences led to their exit. Knight, the mind behind “Peaky Blinders,” stepped in but was hindered by the WGA strike. The original plan for a mid-May draft turned into a waiting game, with Daisy Ridley, our beloved Rey, confirming she’s yet to lay eyes on a script.
A New Hope or A False Dawn?
Despite the delays, there’s a glimmer of hope. The project, set 15 years after the Skywalker Saga, aims to reunite us with Rey as she embarks on rebuilding the New Jedi Order. But with the powers that be working to tear it down, this narrative promises to be as gripping as a lightsaber duel.
The Force is Strong, but Patience is Stronger
So, what’s the takeaway for the legion of “Star Wars” fans? It’s a mixed bag of excitement and anticipation, peppered with a healthy dose of patience. “Star Wars: New Jedi Order” may be taking its sweet time, but if there’s one thing the galaxy teaches us, it’s that good things come to those who wait. Stay tuned, and may the Force be with you, always.
- What is ‘Star Wars: New Jedi Order’?
- It’s an upcoming Star Wars film set to continue the saga following “The Rise of Skywalker.
- Who will be the central character?
- Daisy Ridley will return as Rey.
- What is the movie’s premise?
- Rey will be training a new generation of Jedi.
- When is it set?
- Approximately 15 years after “The Rise of Skywalker.”
- Who is directing the movie?
- Who is writing the screenplay?
- Steven Knight, known for “Peaky Blinders.”
- Will it follow the Skywalker saga?
- Yes, as Rey adopted the Skywalker surname, it will continue this narrative thread.
- What is the film’s status?
- It’s in the early stages of development.
- Are there other Star Wars films being developed alongside it?
- Yes, films directed by James Mangold and Dave Filoni are also in development.
- When is the movie expected to be released?