Hey folks, BioWare Austin is hiring again so if you’ve ever wanted to work for one of the greatest gaming developers around, check it out!
We see these ads go out periodically here in Austin but for those who missed it or who might be willing to relocate, we wanted o share this info with you.
SWTOR Community Manager Eric Musco also shared it on the SWTOR forums. Their web team is looking for a Front End Web Developer to work on SWTOR in the Austin studio. They say they are looking for someone who is passionate about SWTOR and wanting to work on some cool new things. The job listing says you’d be working on “the customer-facing web applications and the web site” for SWTOR.
More info posted by EA Careers but here are the basics on the job description:
- Developing features using recognized best practices for performance and cross-browser compatibility
- Working as part of a team to plan pages, services and applications to be used by hundreds of thousands of Star Wars, BioWare, MMO and gaming fans a day
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science , engineering, or related discipline preferred
- 5+ years experience developing consumer-facing websites in a professional production environment
- Strong understanding of the DOM and web standards
- Can demonstrate good image slicing techniques using Photoshop
- Experience with high-traffic web sites and able to explain performance bottlenecks, troubleshooting and their solutions
- Understands and can explain HTML semantics
- Keeps abreast of modern trends in website development
- PHP skills a strong plus
- Drupal experience is a plus
- Additional pluses include experience with Drupal or PHP templates, jQuery, and a familiarity with modern video games, the gaming industry in general, and massively-multiplayer online games in particular.