LEGO builder Thomas Benedikt has a dream and it is ginormous! He wants to build a 13-ft Lego Super Star Destroyer and he’s using Kickstarter to meet his $15,ooo CAD goal. In case you’re wondering, Lego already offers a 4-ft star destroyer but apparently that wasn’t big enough for Thomas’ dreams.
This is not the first time that Mr.Benedikt has taken up such an effort. In 2009 he build a 7ft long, 30,000 piece Mon Calamari cruiser from Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Some Statistics of the proposed effort:
- Piece count: 90,000 (approximate)
- Dimensions: 12’6” x 4’1” x 1’
- Weight: 100 Kg (220 pounds)
- Surface Area: 53 Square Feet
- A fully integrated LED lighting system that will allow her 5000 transparent-blue tiles (windows) and 13 engines to light-up in the dark
As of the moment of this writing, the Kickstarter effort has gathered $726CAD out of the required $15,000CAD.
You can support the effort by donating at the project’s Kickstarter page.