Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes will introduce some brand new faces from Star Wars: The mandalorian to the game.
Last time we talked about Cara Dune, and now it it time to talk about Greef Karga, a notorious scoundrel and the go-to-guy for connecting Bounty Hunters with clients on Nevarro. Greef is always trying to spot the most lucrative solution to whatever predicament he finds himself in, and his abilities reflect this. He prefers to hang back while other Bounty Hunters work to achieve their Payouts and he supports the squad with mass assist calls and frequent recovery of Health and Protection.
Basic: DUAL SHOT
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice and inflict Daze for 2 turns. All allies with Payouts active recover 5% Health and Protection.
Special 1: BRING THEM IN COLD (Cooldown 6)
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on target enemy, which can’t be evaded. Then call all other Bounty Hunter allies to assist. Allies with Payouts active deal 30% more damage. If the enemy is defeated by this ability, Bounty Hunter allies gain Offense Up, Defense Penetration Up, Critical Chance Up, Critical Damage Up, and Health Steal Up for 3 turns.
Special 2: SWEETEN THE DEAL (Cooldown 5)
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all debuffs on Bounty Hunter allies. All Bounty Hunter allies gain Retribution for 2 turns and recover 25% Health and Protection, doubled if they have a Payout active. Allies with Payouts active gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns and 50% Turn Meter.
Leader: LOYALTY PAYS
FINAL TEXT: Allied Bounty Hunters gain 30% Max Protection. Whenever an allied Bounty Hunter gains a buff, they recover 5% Protection. When Greef is in the Leader slot, and not the Ally slot, the following contract is active:
Contract: Attack out of turn 20 times. (Only Bounty Hunter allies can contribute to the Contract.)
Reward: All Bounty Hunter allies have their Payouts activated and gain 20% Critical Chance and Offense.
Unique 1: BOSS OF THE GUILD
FINAL TEXT: At the start of encounter, Greef gains Stealth for 2 turns. Each time any Bounty Hunter earns their Payout, allied Bounty Hunters’ cooldowns are reduced by 1 and Greef also gains the following bonuses: 10% Counter Chance, Critical Avoidance, and Max Health (stacking).
GREEF KARGA’S PAYOUT
FINAL TEXT: Whenever Greef receives Rewards from a Contract, he also gains the following payout. (Contracts are granted by certain Bounty Hunter Leader Abilities.)
Payout: Greef dispels all debuffs on Bounty Hunter allies and he recovers 100% Health and Protection. Greef gains Stealth for 1 turn at the end of each of his turns. Whenever Greef becomes inflicted with a debuff, his cooldowns are reduced by 1.
- Greef Karga is a Support Bounty Hunter that provides recovery, assists, and dispels
- He interacts with units that are activating Bounty Hunter Payouts and gains bonuses to many of his abilities when Payouts are active.
- This character plays a support role in this faction, which makes him the last piece of puzzle in an all encompassing Bounty Hunter squad
- His kit only has one damaging attack, his Basic, but his powerful utility makes him an important unit to keep alive during an encounter
- Greef is the first Light Side Bounty Hunter
- Pay close attention to his Unique, Boss of the Guild, as it provides bonuses when either an allied OR enemy Bounty Hunter gains their Payout. Greef always has to get his cut
- Boss of the Guild also can reduce allied Bounty Hunter cooldowns when any Bounty Hunter receives their Payout
- Greef Karga’s kit is based on his character throughout the show
- In some moments, he’s the expeditor of the guild behind the table and making deals. Other times, he’s out fighting in the thick of it with his dual pistols
- We definitely had to include something around bounty pucks so his Special 1, Bring Them in Cold, sees Greef target an enemy and call in his Bounty Hunter allies to assist
- His Relic is the damaged beskar that he was paid with after turning in the Child
- He starts an encounter in the relative safety of stealth and has a good amount of survivability
- Once you complete his contract, Greef gains additional survivability and he’s even more of a threat when he earns his Payout
- He also stealths again when he earns his Payout so you can keep him away from the enemy squad even if your team loses Taunt
- It is important to call out again that his Unique, Boss of the Guild, is affected by both allied and enemy Bounty Hunters
- His abilities apply additional effects to allies with Payouts active
- Our best squad during testing was Jango Fett, Greef Karga, Embo, Dengar and Bossk
- Embo could be swapped for Boba Fett as he fits into this team fairly well
- We would suggest keeping Dengar and Bossk for their out of turn attacks that will trigger Payouts quickly