The guys over at Capital Games are happy to introduce you to Raven’s Claw! A Rebel ship crewed by Kyle Katarn that is able to dictate the flow of battle Read below for more details.
UNIT NAME: Raven’s Claw
CATEGORIES: Support, Jedi, Rebel
BASIC: Force-Guided Laser Cannons
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If Raven’s Claw had Foresight at the start of turn, attack a second time and dispel all buffs on the target enemy.
Target Lock: Call another random non-Scoundrel Rebel ally to assist
SPECIAL 1:Out of the Sun (CD=4)
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and remove 50% Turn Meter from the target enemy. If Home One is the allied Capital Ship, instead remove 100% Turn Meter and inflict Daze and Target Lock for 2 turns to the target enemy.
UNIQUE: Battle Flow Manipulation
Final Text: At the start of battle or when Reinforced, for each other active non-Scoundrel Rebel ally, Raven’s Claw gains 40% Max Health for the rest of battle. Raven’s Claw’s attacks can’t be evaded. Non-Scoundrel Rebel allies gain 10% Offense. If Home One is the allied Capital Ship:
- Non-Scoundrel Rebel allies instead gain 30% Offense
- A random non-Scoundrel Rebel ally who didn’t have Defense Up gains Defense Up for 1 turn at the start of each enemy’s turn
- If a non-Scoundrel Rebel ally without Defense Up is damaged by an enemy attack, that enemy is inflicted with Defense Down for 1 turn, which can’t be resisted
Unique 2: Guiding Foresight
Final Text: Whenever an allied non-Scoundrel Rebel ship assists another non-Scoundrel Rebel ship, it gains Foresight for 2 turns. Allied non-Scoundrel Rebel ships with Foresight can ignore Taunt effects. If they attack an enemy without a Taunt effect their Foresight is dispelled. If Raven’s Claw starts its turn with Foresight, inflict Target Lock on a random enemy who didn’t already have it for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted. If Home One is the allied Capital Ship:
- Whenever Foresight expires on a non-Scoundrel Rebel ship, that ship gains Offense Up for 1 turn
- Whenever an enemy is inflicted with Target Lock, Raven’s Claw gains Foresight for 2 turns
- While Raven’s Claw has Foresight it has +50 Speed
Reinforcement- Your Shields Will Fall
Final Text: Enter Battle: Raven’s Claw gains Critical Damage Up and Stealth for 2 turns, and target enemy is inflicted with Vulnerable for 2 turns, which can’t be resisted.
- Empowered by Foresight; gives Foresight to non-Scoundrel Rebel allies
- Attacks can’t be evaded
- Raven’s Claw provides greater benefits if Home One is Capital Ship
- Enemy gets Target lock when Raven’s Claw starts turn with Foresight
- Raven’s Claw has more speed when it has Foresight
- Raven’s Claw can basic attack twice when it has Foresight
- Dispel enemy buffs when Raven’s Claw attacks twice
- On enemy’s turn, random ally gets defense up, if enemy doesn’t attack a defense up target, the enemy get defense down
- Raven’s Claw gains Foresight whenever an enemy is given Target Lock
- When Foresight expires, ally earns Offense Up
- Unique allows Non-Scoundrel Rebel allies to ignore taunt effects
- Kyle Katarn had two ships across his appearances. The Moldy Crow was his original ship, but the version of Kyle Katarn that we have in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes was crew on the Raven’s Claw, so we went with that ship
- We made sure that this ship felt like it was crewed by a Force user with the ability names Force-Guided Laser Cannons, Battle Flow Manipulation, and the heavy reliance of Foresight through Guiding Foresight
- Fun Fact: The original design has no visible weapons so we were given some freedoms in where and how the attacks for this ship looked
- Use Non-Scoundrel Rebel team under Home One
- Strategize around Foresight effects to focus priority targets
Why is it non-Scoundrel Rebels as a restriction on several of his abilities?
For game-balance reasons we had to make sure that some of his abilities were kept in check
Isn’t Jan Ors the pilot of the Raven’s Claw?
Our units can only be crew on one ship, we want to leave design space open for potential future characters and ships
Why all the specific call outs to Home One? There isn’t another Rebel capital ship.
What a profound question
How do I acquire this ship?
There will be a Galactic Chase starting later this week