I just wanted to share a few tips that I use in pvp to make grinding commendations and valour more efficient and making those losses not bad as they seem.
I’m a vanguard tactics spec trooper so other vanguards will find this pretty helpful as well as some other advanced classes.
Taunt in pvp has the effect of reducing an enemy’s damage when they are not attacking the taunting target. The damaged negated by this effect is measured and you recieve medals based on how much damage is mitigated. From what I’ve managed to achieve, there is one medal awarded for 2k damage protected without dying (taunt a target attacking an ally, by the time the fight is over you likely will have this medal). 5k protected is also another medal but this one doesn’t seem to have to be in a single life. They are easy to get, all you have to do is spam taunt every so often. It only benefits the team and will give you extra points.
A lot of the above is common knowledge to those more experienced in warzones, but hopefully this helps a few who want to make their time worth more during their games. Below is a complete list for all the PvP Warzone medals you can earn.
- The Gold ranking is awarded for earning 6 or more medals during a match
- The Silver ranking is awarded for 3-5 medals
- The Bronze ranking is awarded for 1-2 medals
Announcements (thanks Ayestes):
- Unbeatable announcement is unlocked if you earn 4 medals without dying.
- Invincible announcement is unlocked if you earn 7 medals without dying.
- Immortal announcement is unlocked if you earn 9 medals without dying.
- Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal
- Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack
- Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal
- Anihilator – 5K damage from a single attack
- Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player
- Combatant – Dealing 75k damage
- Destroyer – Dealing 300K damage
- Healer – Healing 75K
- Savior – Healing 300K
- Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points
- Warden – Earning 3k Defender Points
- Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight
- Shield – 5k Protection
- Protector – 50K Protection (thanks meatballz/adlarn)
- Guardian – 2k Protection since last death
- Paladin – 10k Protection since last death
- Commando – Killing 10 enemy players
- Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players
Valor Titles: Every 10 ranks in valor will give you a new title –
Note: Valor Rank 60 is required to open Battlemaster Bags
- Skirmisher – Valor Rank 10
- Duelist – Valor Rank 20
- Gladiator – Valor Rank 30
- Centurion – Valor Rank 40
- Champion – Valor Rank 50
- Battlemaster – Valor Rank 60
- War Hero – Valor Rank 70
- Conqueror – Valor Rank 80
- Warlord – Valor Rank 90
- Elite Warlord – Valor Rank 100