Do you want to make the most of the SWTOR double XP weekends? Just in time for the next weekend on the way, we have some tips and ideas for getting the most from your Double XP weekend.
Double XP weekends will be held at the following times:
- March 15, 2013 beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET to March 18, 2013 at 3:00 a.m. ET (passed already)
- March 22, 2013 beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET to March 25, 2013 at 3:00 a.m. ET
- March 29, 2013 beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET to April 1, 2013 at 3:00 a.m. ET
- April 5, 2013 beginning at 2:00 p.m. ET to April 8, 2013 at 3:00 a.m. ET
I wanted to give you all an update on this now that I have all of the information in place.
First, we are not considering this an exploit so anyone who had fear of action being taken against their characters, etc, should not be afraid. We will not be doing anything to players who used the Ilum pylons to get to 50.
I will say that player ingenuity never ceases to amaze us all. This was not a part of the intended design of the Gree event running simultaneous to the Double XP Weekends. Due to this, we are going to be having a maintenance later this week to deploy a fix to this issue.
I wanted to talk a bit about the fix itself since it will mix up things on Ilum temporarily. Our immediate fix to this issue is that for the time being, we are going to disable bolster on Ilum. This will have a couple of different affects.
- Low level characters will no longer be treated as level 50 in regards to experience. They will now have the normal experience penalties associated to grouping with a player of a higher level. Meaning those players will now gain little to no experience when grouped.
- Players who are levels 45-49 will have a slightly harder time completing some Gree event quests as they are no longer bolstered to level 50.
I want to again reiterate that this is only a temporary solution. We are continuing to investigate the issue and intend to have a more permanent solution in place before the Gree event returns.
So now that you know the Ilum cheat is out, how can you still make the most from these double XP weekends? Here are some tips for a double XP gaming marathon:
Plan Your Playtime – It’s just one weekend so go ahead and come up with some good excuse for your friends and family and hole yourself up with the PC for some great SWTOR action. It’s ok to be a bit of a bum since it’s only for one weekend anyway, right? Plan when you will be playing and then sit down and get it done!
Stock Up On Snacks – You don’t want to forget to eat. A hungry gamer is not a happy gamer. So stock up on some snacks and goodies so you still enjoy some good nutrition while you’re leveling up on your double XP weekend.
Grab Some Experience Boosts – This is the perfect time to double up with some experience boosts to add to the double exp. If you like flashpoints, grab some experience boosts for that. Whatever your preferred method of play, now is the time to get the most out of it.
Group Up with a Friend – Playing with a friend or even grouping with several friends is a great way to have more fun in the game, complete missions faster and hop in some flashpoints or do harder quests you cannot do alone.
Remember to Have Fun- If you make it a chore to get all that you can get out of the double XP weekend, you might forget to just have fun. What’s the point in a game if you cannot enjoy yourself?