Here are some more info on Lokath comming with SWTOR Gameupdate 5.2. THis time we get some details on how the open world PvP works
With the launch of 5.2 “The War for Iokath” we wanted to be sure to encourage PvP wherever possible. It is a part of the design of the Missions on Iokath that players will be running into each other fairly often. This afforded us the opportunity to make PvP more of a focus beyond just a place for open world PvP to occur. Here are some of the things that set Iokath apart as it relates to PvP:
- In open world PvP, enemies and allies will be determined by the Faction you choose to fight for, not the faction your Class is a part of.
- Ex: If you are Trooper who chose to fight for the Republic, you will be flagged as an enemy against a Jedi Knight who is fighting for the Empire.
- Choosing which Faction to side with has no effect on your character outside of Iokath.
- You will be able to loot Iokath specific currency from other players that you kill. You will not actually be stealing that currency from them, but it will “drop” from them similar to how it works for NPCs.
- On Iokath you can spend that currency to do special things such as piloting a walker. You will be able to pilot the walker in the same area as other players and use said walker for murderous intent against enemy players.
As you can see there are some specific additions that we are making in 5.2 to really encourage open world PvP play. Let us know if you have any questions about these changes.
I assume this only is in effect in PvP instances? Not in PvE instances? And that this currency is not just lootable from players?
There are PvE impacts to Faction selection (I will go into that in a separate post). Yes you can get that currency from all over the planet in addition to players.