The guys over at Capital Games are happy to introduce you to Grand Inquisitor, a menace and force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Don’t let him linger around too long otherwise you can expect a debuff bonanza.
UNIT NAME: Grand Inquisitor
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Leader, Empire, Inquisitorius, Unaligned Force User
The calculating and relentless Master of the Inquisitorius who specializes in dealing with Jedi
BASIC: Pain Can Break Anyone (ZETA)
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If all allies are Inquisitorius, inflict a stack of Purge (max 6), which can’t be resisted. Reduce the target enemy’s Critical Damage by 15% (stacking) for 2 turns per attack, which can’t be resisted. On Grand Inquisitor’s turn:
[*]If the enemy has at least 3 stacks of Purge at the start of turn: Attack a second time always scoring a critical hit if able.
[*]If the enemy has 6 stacks of Purge at the start of turn: Attack a third time dealing true damage instead, which can’t be evaded.
SPECIAL 1: You’re Right to be Afraid (CD=4)
Final Text: Dispel all debuffs on Inquisitorius allies and then equalize their current Health and Protection percentages. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Ability Block and Vulnerable for 1 turn to all enemies with Purge, which can’t be resisted. For each enemy with Purge, Inquisitorius allies recover 4% Health. Inquisitorius allies gain Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.
SPECIAL 2: Ready to Die? (CD=6) (OMICRON)
Remove 100% Turn Meter from the target enemy, which can’t be resisted, and deal Physical damage. Then, inflict Torture for 1 turn, which can’t be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted. Gain buffs for 2 turns based on the number of stacks of Purge on the target enemy.
1+ Stack: Grand Inquisitor gains Offense Up for 2 turns
2+ Stacks: Grand Inquisitor gains Speed Up for 2 turns
3+ Stacks: Grand Inquisitor gains Tenacity Up for 2 turns
4+ Stacks: Inquisitorius allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns
5+ Stacks: Inquisitorius allies gain Speed Up for 2 turns
6 Stacks: Inquisitorius allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns
Torture: Take bonus damage equal to 10% of this character’s Max Health when damaged by an attack; reduce Defense by 10% (stacking, max 50%) for the rest of the encounter when damaged by an attack; can’t gain bonus Turn Meter
While in Territory Wars: The first time all enemies reach 6 stacks of Purge, this ability’s cooldown is reset if this ability has not defeated an enemy. If the target enemy has 6 stacks of Purge and is not Jedi, inflict Buff Immunity for 1 turn, which can’t be dispelled, evaded, prevented, or resisted. If the target enemy has 6 stack of Purge and is Jedi, instantly defeat them. Jedi enemies defeated this way can’t be revived.
Leader – Master Inquisitorius (ZETA + OMICRON)
Empire allies gain 20% Max Health and Max Protection and 10 Speed. If all allies are Inquisitorius at the start of battle, gain an additional 46% Max Health and Max Protection and 15 Speed, and they are immune to Ability Block. Also, Grand Inquisitor gains Defense Penetration Up and Offense Up for 2 turns, which can’t be dispelled or prevented.
Additionally, If all allies are Inquisitorius at the start of battle, whenever Purge is inflicted, Inquisitorius allies gain benefits based on their role for the rest of the encounter (stacking, max 200%):
-Attackers: +2% Critical Damage
-Healers and Supports: +2% Potency
-Tanks: +2% Defense
If the enemy Leader is a Jedi, Inquisitorius allies start the battle with buffs based on their role for 1 turn:
– Attackers: Advantage
– Healers and Supports: Foresight
– Tanks: Taunt
While in Territory Wars: While Grand Inquisitor is active, whenever an enemy loses Purge, they regain it at the end of the turn. On their turn, Inquisitorius allies can ignore Taunt to target an enemy with 6 stacks of Purge.
UNIQUE: Compassion Leaves a Trail (ZETA + OMICRON)
Final Text: For each Inquisitorius ally, enemies with Purge have -10% Defense and -5 Speed.
If an enemy evades an Inquisitorius allies’ attack, all other enemies take true damage and dispel Foresight from themselves.
The first time each enemy reaches 6 stacks of Purge, Grand Inquisitor takes a bonus turn and gains 10% Critical Avoidance, Health Steal, and Offense and 5 Speed until the end of the encounter (stacking, max 6). These bonuses are doubled if the enemy is Jedi.
While in Territory Wars: Whenever Jedi enemies with Purge gain Protection Up, they take damage equal to 25% of their Max Health at the end of that turn. This damage can’t defeat enemies. If an enemy with 6 stacks of Purge were to reduce Grand Inquisitor to 1% Health, he recovers 100% Health and Protection (limit once per enemy).
Unique 2 – Patience
Final Text: At the start of battle, if all allies (minimum 3) are Inquisitorius, this character gains 20% Max Health, Max Protection, and Potency. Inflict all enemies with a stack of Purge at the start of the encounter, which can’t be evaded or resisted. Whenever an enemy damages this character with an attack while attacking out of turn, that enemy gains a stack of Purge (max 6), which can’t be evaded or resisted. Whenever Purge is consumed or dispelled on an enemy, this character gains 3% Turn Meter.
- Powerful leader who bolsters members of the Inquisitor team
- With basic attack, he can hit multiple times based on stacks of Purge on the target
- Special 1 will cleanse debuffs, equalizes health and protection
- Patience – at start of battle, opponents are inflicted with a stack of Purge
- In Territory Wars, Special 2 will instantly defeat Jedi if they have 6-stack of Purge
- In Territory Wars, enemy characters will regain Purge if it is consumed or dispelled
- In Territory Wars, whenever Jedi enemies with Purge gain Protection Up, they take damage equal to 25% of their Max Health at the end of that turn.
- In Territory Wars, If an enemy with 6 stacks of Purge were to reduce Grand Inquisitor to 1% Health, he recovers 100% Health and Protection (limit once per enemy)
- Ramps up if you leave him on the battlefield, the 1st time each enemy hits a 6 stack of Purge, he gains bonuses, in addition, as Leader, anytime an opponent is given a stack of Purge, your team will benefit based on role
- New Debuff – Torture – Take bonus damage equal to 10% of this character’s Max Health when damaged by an attack; reduce Defense by 10% (stacking, max 50%) for the rest of the encounter when damaged by an attack; can’t gain bonus Turn Meter
- As the leader of the Inquisitors, we wanted him to be a powerful cornerstone to an all-Inquisitor team.
- The uniform for our version of Grand Inquisitor was pulled from Star Wars Rebels, while Rupert Friend (the actor who portrayed him on Obi-wan Kenobi) was the inspiration behind his visage.
- Pain Can Break Anyone, You’re Right to be Afraid, and Ready to Die? were inspired by quotes from Star Wars Rebels, while Compassion Leaves a Trail is from Obi-wan Kenobi.
- Grand Inquisitor was designed to challenge Jedi Galactic Legends who are on teams without their “lifter” units (i.e. Commander Ahsoka Tano) in the Territory Wars game mode
- Keep an eye on Purge stacks to maximize Grand Inquisitor’s multi-attacks and bonuses from Uniques
- Special 2 can swing a battle in your favor or soften a hard mark if used correctly
- Most of the Inquisitors have the exact same base Speed, allowing you to mod them to take the turn order you are looking for.
How often will the Grand Inquisitor Event be run?
Initial run lasts for 7 days (same as JKL)
Recurrence will be similar to other Legendaries
Does “Compassion Leaves a Trail” count defeated Inquisitorius allies as well for the debuffs?
No, the allies must be active to count for the debuffs. As Inquisitors are defeated, the debuffs will shrink.
Is Torture’s “max 50%” per time you are Tortured or a total max that you can be debuffed in the combat?
You cannot have more than 50% of Defense reduced by Torture, no matter how many times it is re-applied.
Any tips for beating his Event in the Journey Guide?
Each tier is two encounters, the first one being a training session against the Grand Inquisitor, and the second against a Jedi or Unaligned Force User. Many tiers become a lot easier if you use the proper Leader to counter what the enemy is bringing to the battle.