Please consider registering
March 18, 2012
M0fu from DanesOfDarkness.dk took some time to answer a few questions about his guild, for this week first guild column. M0fu is also a writer on swtor.dk and like me from Denmark. So it's a great pleasure I can introduce, the Danes of Darkness:
Where did your guilds name come from?
- Well, when we first decided to create an all Danish Empire guild, we wanted a name that would suggest we where from Denmark, and at the same time where kinda evil (as we are a dark side guild) :). We let the members make suggestions, made a poll, and in the end Danes Of Darkness won.
Can you give me a quick 2-3 sentance description of your guild?
- Sure: "Danes Of Darkness is a Empire, PVP, 18+ guild. We are 100% danish, and therefor only Danes are accepted. We focus on the socializing, Flashpoints, Operations, end-game, and most important of them all, having fun!
How did your guild come about?
- Oh well. Back in early 2011, i though it was time to join a 100% danish, empire guild. I looked at the official forums, and on swtor.dk, but there where nothing to be found. So i posted a thread on the danish community, and soon we where a couple of guys, ready to start our own..
What kind of play style do you focus on? PvE, PvP, RP:
- PVP & PVE. We are going to be on a PVP server, but obviously we are also gonna do PVE stuff.
What is your guild set up? How do you run your guild?
- Well, if you refer to how the "leadership" is working, we are pretty usual. One guild leader, and 4 officers. Soon after launch, there will be a class leader for every class. As we are a empire guild, the leader and officers have the last word, but we vote on pretty much everything, and make the members decide on stuff.
How serious do you play and/or run the guild?
- Actually, very seriously. I mean, we have casual members, as well as semi/hardcore members. Members of DOD, have the option to play very seriously, or just "jump around"..
Do you have ranks or a certain hierarchy in your guild?
- Sure. We are an evil empire guild. Obviously we have leader, officers and class leaders. Then each class have a series of ranks, tied to the amount of time the members have spend in DOD.
Why did you choose the Republic?
- We didnt! Republic scum..
Why do you run a guild?
- Well, becouse there where none, and i love it :).. I love giving something for free to the players, and running a guild gives me that opportunity. If no one did like me, we would't have a single guild out there.. That would be horrible :o..
How do you approach Raid Planning?
- Well, we are definitely gonna do raids (operations). Its still hard to say exactly how often we are gonna raid, but there will for sure be weekly events.
Are you always open for new recruits or do you want to keep a certain guild size?
- We aim for about 80-100 at launch. We don't want to be an enormous guild, so we have a 100'ish limit.
- At this very moment, we are about 60+.
What makes your guild stand out from everyone else? What makes your guild unique?
- Well, first of all, we are the absolute biggest and most active independent danish empire guild. Thats kinda unique. And then we're all super friendly 🙂
How do you spend your time until release? Do you know each other in real life or do you spend a lot of time on forums?
- Some of the members know each other IRL, but not all. We are all very active on the forums, and do plan IRL events sometime in the future.
What Other Games are you currently playing as a guild?
- None, as a guild. A lot of our members spend a lot of time in "World of Tanks", "League of Legends" and "Black Prophecy" though.
If somebody is interested now how and where can they apply for membership?
- Simple. Go to "www.DanesOfDarkness.dk" at press the apply button at the top 🙂
One last question, if there was one thing you could ask the Dev's to include, what would it be?
- A super advanced guild-system maybe 🙂
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:WiltonBonner, bojo2112jon, nsoprano, Kendevia, cannon1, ZacharyEdwards, arglebargle, antonysmith1990, Aniend1968, narppeasant
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 88, Mikkel: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 3206, Lisa Clark: 1952, Versed: 8