In this post we have another leveling/PVE build courteous of www.swtorsavior.com. This build will give you an awesome DPS build for the Bounty Hunter Powertech or at the very least it will allow you to get to grips with the talent tree and the point allocation until you find your playstyle.
Before I post the build I will give you some information on the Bounty Hunter Powertech class assuming you are brand new to the class and the game.
If not you can skip this down to the build below.
Your main weapon will be blasters and an important thing to remember when playing SWTOR as a Bounty Hunter Powertech is that your primary stat in the game is Aim. So you want to make sure that the gear you get gives you a lot of points in aim.
The amount of players I see that do not focus on their main stats and could be a lot more powerful because of it.
OK, so let us get on with the build:
SWTOR Bounty Hunter Powertech Leveling Build:
- Level 10 – Combust (1/2)
- Level 11 – Combust (2/2)
- Level 12 – Intimidation (1/3)
- Level 13 – Intimidation (2/3)
- Level 14 – Intimidation (3/3)
- Level 15 – Ion Overload (1/2)
- Level 16 – Ion Overload (2/2)
- Level 17 – Rebraced Armor (1/2)
- Level 18 – Rebraced Armor (2/2)
- Level 19 – Steely Resolve (1/3)
- Level 20 – Shield Vents (1/2)
- Level 21 – Shield Vents (2/2)
- Level 22 – Ablative Upgrades (1/2)
- Level 23 – Ablative Upgrades (2/2)
- Level 24 – Steely Resolve (2/3)
- Level 25 – Supercharged Ion Gas (1/1)
- Level 26 – Ion Screen (1/2)
- Level 27 – Ion Screen (2/2)
- Level 28 – Flame Shield (1/2)
- Level 29 – Flame Shield (2/2)
- Level 30 – Jet Charge (1/1)
- Level 31 – Flame Surge (1/2)
- Level 32 – Flame Surge (2/2)
- Level 33 – Steely Resolve (3/3)
- Level 34 – Oil Slick (1/1)
- Level 35 – Empowered Tech (1/5)
- Level 36 – Empowered Tech (2/5)
- Level 37 – Empowered Tech (3/5)
- Level 38 – Empowered Tech (4/5)
- Level 39 – Empowered Tech (5/5)
- Level 40 – Heat Blast (1/1)
- Level 41 – Prototype Burn Enhancer (1/2)
- Level 42 – Prototype Burn Enhancer (2/2)
- Level 43 – Prototype Electro Surge (1/2)
- Level 44 – Prototype Electro Surge (2/2)
- Level 45 – Puncture (1/3)
- Level 46 – Power Armor (1/2)
- Level 47 – Power Armor (2/2)
- Level 48 – Prototype Cylinders (1/1)
- Level 49 – Iron Fist (1/2)
- Level 50 – Iron Fist (2/2)
Now as well as the points you need to know how to use the Bounty Hunter so here are some basic rotations for you:
Bounty Hunter Powertech Build Rotations:
Cylinder used: Ion Gas Cylinder
Companion used: Mako (Heals) until you get Rennow (Range DPS)
Starting out, you’re going to have limited options for DPSing. As such, the rotation you will be using early on is:
Flame Burst > Flame Thrower > Rocket Punch > Rail Shot > Rapid Shots
Layer a Rapid Shots in between each skill to manage your heat and maximize your dps.
You will get a skill from your talent tree, at 30. The rotation once you receive that is:
Jet Charge > Flame Burst > Rocket Punch > Rail Shot > Flame Thrower > Rapid Shots
At this level, you will also have Flame Sweep. If you are facing a large pack, use Flame Sweep instead of Flame Burst.
And finally, you will receive Heat Blast at 40. Your rotation/priority system should look like this:
Jet Charge > Flame Burst > Heat Blast > Rocket Punch > Rail Shot > Flame Thrower > Rapid Shots
Always use Heat Blast on cooldown. If you have to drop something in the rotation to use it, do so and then just pick up where you left off.
Now all you need to do is go and test out this build and you should be able to take on a lot higher levels and most of all have more fun in SWTOR.
Of course if you are looking for a complete leveling guide with builds and rotations for ALL classes we recommend that you check out http://www.swtorsavior.com the guide is MORE than just a leveling guide and will give you all the skills you need to dominate PVP, PVE and Flashpoints and Operations.
Not to mention picking up the best gear in the game!
For more info: www.swtorsavior.com