mmorpg.com have an article on what went on on last weekends Atlanta Cantina Tour:
Last week, BioWare sent Star Wars: the Old Republic’s Community Specialist Courtney Woods, Community Manager Eric Musco, Producer Andrew Horowitz, and Lead Engineer Johan Allanson to Atlanta with swag and drink tickets in hand for the latest Cantina Tour stop. The now-traditional flashdrive that was handed out contained a series of images from upcoming content, and as expected, there was a Q&A session with Courtney Woods moderating the party. Many thanks to Dulfy of for the flashdrive assets, and Youtube user Mike Goeppner for capturing video of the event from which I culled the basic questions and answers.
As is fairly standard at these things, players asked a lot of really good questions that we all want to know the answers to, but the BioWare folks weren’t going to reveal anything before its time. New playable species were requested, with the questioner suggesting the Dathomir witches, recently made more famous by their appearances in the Clone Wars cartoon. Unsurprisingly, the answer to the question was that there were no promises for the witches specifically, but BioWare was considering new races.
Below is a Summary of Q&A from article made by bstr413:
- Crafting update to be more useful at 55?: BioWare reviews crafting skills to see what is selling well. No updates planned at this time.
- Can we see other players’ offhands on their character sheet?: Currently on the list of potential bugs.The intention is that you should be able to.
- Why trees only on Republic fleet, not Imperial?: Differences in art styles.
- More KOTOR influence in game: KOTOR is currently influencing game (see Cartel Armors and Datamines)
- Can operatives have more abilities showing the knife?: Eric wants them, but they are currently not planned. It would take a big animation overhaul to do.
- Operative change with Backstab from front vs Assassin’s Spike: They are taking away the knockdown.
- Guild Ships: BioWare hears your concerns and knows that a lot of people want them.
- Guild Achievements: Currently being discussed at BioWare
- Tutorials for PvP maps: GSF has one, but difficult to do a bigger tutorial for other maps than the instructions given at the start of the match.
- New Expansion Info: Not yet.
- Sniper survivability buff: Some of the combat team thinks they went too far. They are going to be looking at Snipers/Gunslingers on the PTS and make changes if necessary. Don’t complain if you don’t test them.
- Why RNG taken out of Arsenal / Gunnery?: Keep their DPS more consistent and in line with other classes.
- Green lightsaber crystals looking different in Beta than now: They will ask.
- Next bit was about the Cartel Market due to the green lightsaber question. Mostly people being mad about it and saying the usual stuff.
- Gear requirements for endgame Group Finder: They will look into it.
- Dual Spec?: They know there is a desire, but no info yet.
- Guild Bank Droid: It is a good new idea. They will discuss it.
- EU / NA Transfers: There are “business” difficulties in allowing this to happen. BioWare returns to this topic constantly, but it the likeliness is “probably never.“
- Allow guilds to make their own titles / Legacy titles: A big NO WAY from Eric. It would prevent people from having unique titles.
- Option to display Legacy name in chat: It is a good new idea. A couple of the devs said they wanted it.
- Nightmare Flashpoints: BioWare has discussed this before. “No promises.”
- Developers cannot join any guilds as themselves. They must remain anonymous when they play.
- Went over the flash drive shown here: https://swtorstrategies.com/2014/03/atlanta-ga-community-cantina-flash-drive-assets.html