The guys over at Capital Games has posted a new developer insight. This time they are talking with the designers of The Dark Trooper and how they went about creating this iconic characters from the Star Wars universe. Check i out.
UNIT NAME: Dark Trooper
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Droid, Empire, Imperial Remnant, Imperial Trooper
An Imperial Remnant attacker whose abilities are modified by the amount in Dark Trooper Squad
Basic: PNEUMATIC PUNCH
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy once for each stack of Dark Trooper Squad. This ability can’t critically hit unless this unit has Advantage.
Special 1: BOMBARDING REINFORCEMENTS (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal Physical damage to all enemies. If Dark Trooper has 3 or more stacks of Dark Trooper Squad, Imperial Remnant allies gain Advantage for 2 turns, otherwise Dark Trooper gains 1 stack of Dark Trooper Squad.
Special 2: PERFECT SOLDIERS (Cooldown 5)
FINAL TEXT: Imperial Trooper allies gain 10% Turn Meter for each stack of Dark Trooper Squad the Dark Trooper has. If Dark Trooper has 2 or more stacks of Dark Trooper Squad, Imperial Remnant allies gain Offense Up for 2 turns, otherwise Imperial Remnant allies gain Offense Up for 1 turn instead.
Unique 1: DARK TROOPER SQUAD
FINAL TEXT: Dark Trooper has 4 stacks of Dark Trooper Squad, 25% of its base Max Health and Max Protection, is immune to Max Health and Max Protection changes and can’t be defeated or destroyed while it has more than one stack of Dark Trooper Squad.
If Dark Trooper would be defeated while it has 2 or more stacks of Dark Trooper Squad, instead dispel all debuffs on it, reduce the number of Dark Trooper Squad stacks by 1 and recover 100% Health and Protection.
Dark Trooper has +25 Defense for each stack of Dark Trooper Squad it currently has. Dark Trooper can’t be revived and can’t be critically hit.
The Dark Trooper, Moff Gideon’s menacing enforcer, is making its way to the Holotables! The foreboding and unrelenting droid trooper keeps the most skilled warrior’s hands full as it will stop at nothing to defeat its enemies and bring glory to the Empire.
Dark Trooper will usher in the new “Imperial Remnant” faction tag and bring the new Dark Trooper Squad buff to the holotables, which mimics the squad-based deployment seen in The Mandalorian. Dark Trooper can also dole out Advantage, Turn Meter and Offense Up to allies while giving itself increased Defense for more survivability during the fight.
Alongside Dark Trooper, Moff Gideon, Death Trooper and Stormtrooper will be given the “Imperial Remnant” tag, with the latter two receiving kit touch-ups to make them even more powerful within their new faction.
Add Dark Trooper to your roster via the all new Dark Trooper Marquee Event!
- Dark Trooper is a resilient attacker for the Imperial Trooper or new Imperial Remnant squad.
- Dark Trooper comes in groups of 4 and many abilities apply different effects depending on how many stacks of Dark Trooper Squad you currently have.
- Its Basic, Pneumatic Punch, can’t critically hit unless Dark Trooper has Advantage. At 4 stacks, the ability lands 4 times hitting very hard even without critical hits.
- Dark Trooper will start the battle with 25% of its Max Health and Max Protection, but has 4 stacks of Dark Trooper Squad.
- Each time a Dark Trooper would be defeated, if it has more than 1 stack of Dark Trooper Squad, another Dark Trooper will take its place. This means with the 4 stacks the Dark Trooper Squad, Dark Trooper essentially has 100% of the unit’s Max Health and Max Protection.
- Dark Trooper also can’t be critically hit and can be very tough to take down.
- Dark Trooper has stacks very similar to the B1 Battle Droid, but instead of a single point of Health and no Protection, you have a portion of the unit’s Max Health and Protection that you can heal and reinforce over the course of the battle.
- His Basic, Pneumatic Punch, deals damage for each stack of Dark Trooper Squad.
- Special 1, Bombarding Reinforcements, will grant Advantage to all Imperial Remnant allies if Dark Trooper Squad is at 3 or 4 stacks and makes Pneumatic Punch even deadlier.
- If you are at 1 or 2 stacks of Dark Trooper Squad when you use Special 1 then you will not get Advantage but gain one stack of Dark Trooper Squad.
- While Dark Trooper Squad prevents Dark Trooper from being revived, it can’t be quickly annihilated if it is over 1 stack (Dark Trooper just loses 1 stack instead)
- The 4 sized squad was based off Episode 14, The Tragedy, of The Mandalorian when the Dark Troopers are deployed for the very first time.
- Obviously Pneumatic Punch was our attempt at recreating the scene where the Dark Trooper attempts to make The Mandalorian’s head become one with the wall.
- Special 2, Perfect Soldiers, is referencing Moff Gideon’s bravado about how these third phase Dark Troopers will perform – “You’re about to face off with the dark troopers. You had your hands full with one. Let’s see how well you do against a platoon.“
- Dark Trooper is designed to be used with the new Imperial Remnant squad.
- Dark Trooper is a droid in addition to an Imperial Trooper and players can experiment using him in some droids focused Squads.
- Your main goal is to keep up stacks of Dark Trooper Squad to ensure your basic hits hard.
- Range Trooper will randomly have an Imperial Trooper assist, and is very strong if it targets Dark Trooper – Stand back and watch the fireworks!
- The Imperial Remnant tag has been added to Moff Gideon, Stormtrooper, and Death Trooper.
- Stormtrooper’s Unique, Wall of Stormtroopers (Zeta), has been updated to provide Bonus Protection to all Imperial Remnant allies at the start of his turns. (And remember, Stormtrooper is an Imperial Remnant ally of himself)
- Death Trooper will now attack two times with his basic when there is an Imperial Remnant unit in the leader slot like Moff Gideon.
- Basic – Track Down: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Daze for 3 turns. If the target was already Dazed, Stun them for 1 turn. If the target is a Rebel or the unit in the Ally Leader Slot is Imperial Remnant attack a second time.
- Removing a stack of Dark Trooper Squad does not count as defeating an enemy, only removing the last stack counts as eliminating the unit.