Yesterday the SWTOR servers was merged into 5 new servers. Below information is from reddit:
Why are the servers being merged?
There are not as many players actively playing as there were years ago. Players have requested server merges for years to help boost queue times for group activities and to make it easier for players to more easily find others to play with. The population of the servers had also become extremely unbalanced – some servers like the Harbinger and the Red Eclipse had extremely high populations, many others had “ok” populations, but there were a few servers including Jung Ma and Prophecy of the Five that had very few players logging in to play on them. Server merges will ensure that new and returning players won’t accidentally wind up on “dead” servers, and should help queue times for those who enjoy group content including flashpoints, operations, PvP and GSF.
|Existing Servers||➡||New United Forces Server|
|Harbinger, Bergeren Colony, Bastion||➡||Satele Shan (North America, East Coast but contains mainly West Coast players)|
|Jedi Covenant, Shadowlands, Ebon Hawk, Prophecy of the Five, Jung Ma||➡||Star Forge (North America, East Coast)|
|Progenitor, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Red Eclipse||➡||Darth Malgus (Europe – English)|
|Mantle of the Force, Battle Meditation, Darth Nihilus||➡||The Leviathan (Europe – French)|
|T3-M4, Vanjervalis Chain, Jar’Kai Sword||➡||Tulak Hord (Europe – German)|
Server Merge Information
- Items, Banks, Etc: Bioware is attempting to make sure players keep all their possessions the same as before server merges. This includes items, bank items, credits, decorations, strongholds, outfits and guilds. more info
- Character Names: Players may lose their names in the server merge. If you lose your name to someone else, you will be offered a free rename. Subscribed players have priority over Free-to-Play players, and highly played characters will have priority over characters with less play time.
- Character Slots: Free-to-Play and Preferred players who go over the limit of active characters they have available will not have their character deleted, but they will be unplayable (de-activated). more infoSubscribers will continue to be able to play all their characters, but will not be able to make new characters if they are over the limit. All three account types are going to have their max number of character slots increased.
- The West Coast servers are now physically located in the East Coast. You may experience higher server lag if you live on the West Coast.
How to Prepare for Server Merges (pre-merge)
Making the MOST out of the Server Mergers
Find a Guild
Looking for a group of players to join on your new server?
Check /r/SWTORGuilds/ or on our own forums
Looking for people to chat with from your new server? Join us on Discord and chat with players from all servers or join a channel just for your server.
Welcome & Welcome Back!
If you are a new or returning player, check the New & Returning Players Post for lots of info and free stuff. Useful posts include:
- Major Game Changes & the Current State of SWTOR (scroll down and find the last date you played to see what’s happened since you left)
- Major Class Changes
- Free to Play / Preferred / Subscriber Differences
- Story Order Guide
- Should I Subscribe to SWTOR?
- Is SWTOR Worth trying?
- The State of Player vs. Environment (PvE): Dailies, Flashpoints, Uprisings & Operations
- The State of Player vs. Player (PvP)
- The State of Galactic Starfighter