UNIT NAME: Hunter
ALIGNMENT: Light Side
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Leader, Bad Batch, Clone Trooper, Galactic Republic
Tactical leader of the Bad Batch who subtly destroys his enemies.
Basic: COMBAT PROWESS
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Expose for 2 turns. If target enemy was debuffed, attack again.
Special 1: SHROUDED APPROACH (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Clone Trooper allies gain Evasion Up and Stealth for 2 turns. Then, deal Physical damage to all enemies.
If Hunter was already Stealthed, all Bad Batch allies gain Critical Chance Up and Offense Up for 2 turns.
Special 2: FINISH WHAT WE STARTED (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Inflict Expose on target enemy for 2 turns, which can’t be evaded. Swap Turn Meter with target other Clone Trooper ally. If they were Bad Batch, they ignore Taunt and inflict Stun for 1 turn on their target enemy during that turn. This Stun can’t be evaded.
Leader: A DIFFERENT PATH
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Bad Batch allies have +35% Max Health, +35% Max Protection, and +50% Potency.
When Bad Batch allies use an ability while they have Defense Up, they deal true damage to all enemies. While Bad Batch allies have Evasion Up, they have +50% Critical Avoidance.
When using an ability against a Target Locked enemy, Bad Batch allies can’t be countered. When damaging an enemy with Expose, Bad Batch allies remove 50% Turn Meter from that enemy, doubled for Droid and Separatist enemies (excludes raid bosses and galactic legends), which can’t be evaded or resisted.
The commanding officer of Clone Force 99 has joined the Holotables! The clone nicknamed Hunter leads the elite but unconventional squad known as the Bad Batch for the Grand Army of The Republic.
Hunter can lead a squad of Clone Troopers but doesn’t usually work with the “regs” and prefers to have his Bad Batch allies at his side. He has chosen a different path compared to other clones and prefers covert tactics. Hunter ambushes his foes with Shrouded Approach, an ability that allows him and his Clone Trooper allies to gain Stealth while allies with the new Bad Batch faction tag also gain Critical Chance Up and Offense Up. Under Hunter’s leadership, Bad Batch allies have increased Max Health, Max Protection, and Potency and can take down those pesky clankers or Separatist enemies with ruthless efficiency.
Unlock Hunter in the all new Marquee event: Clone Force 99 I
- Hunter is the first unit for the new Bad Batch faction.
- He is the Leader for this new faction and significantly boosts the Bad Batch squad’s damage.
- While he can work with Clone Troopers, Hunter is mostly focused on leading the upcoming Bad Batch squad and setting up his Bad Batch allies for heavy damage.
- Hunter has the rare ability to swap Turn Meter, though only with Clone Trooper allies.
- If the target of this ability is a Bad Batch ally, they also ignore Taunt and will Stun their target with their next attack.
- This ability is very useful for setting up a Bad Batch ally to deliver the finishing blow or to lock down a problematic enemy.
- This is one of the first times we have released the Leader of a faction first.
- Some of his abilities may seem odd or that they do not interact with the rest of his kit, but this is because he was designed to bring the Bad Batch squad together. Hunter’s abilities interact with each of their upcoming kits and hint at what the Bad Batch will bring to the table.
- Hunter enables the squad to deal true damage to all enemies when they have Defense Up.
- We wanted to capture the idea of a close knit combat group that is effective at working together but make their synergy as unique as their mutations. We have represented this with assist calls and mass assist abilities in the past, but we felt the Bad Batch should focus on enabling each other’s specific skill sets.
- His animations and kit captures Hunter’s stealthy hit and run style from the show and we wanted him to feel like a sneaky, tactical character tool in the Bad Batch toolbox.
- Hunter has some awesome animations with his knife, and we specifically wanted to reference the knife throw seen in the trailers for the upcoming Bad Batch series.
- You probably noticed that Hunter’s face is not exactly like his Clone Wars appearance. We used Temuera Morrison’s face to emulate his likeness and added in some unique SWGOH style.
- Hunter is a powerful enabler. Who you target with his abilities is very important – Hunter’s kit is designed to set up other Bad Batch allies for success.
- Maintaining buffs (specifically Defense Up) is very important for the Bad Batch squad. You will want to avoid pitting them against teams with frequent mass dispels.
- It can be a bit difficult to utilize the part of Hunter’s Leader ability that triggers off of Expose when Hunter is alone. This will come more into play when other Bad Batch units are released and you can use Hunter’s Special 2, Finish What We Started, to apply Expose and then set up the Bad Batch you swapped Turn meter with to trigger his Leader ability to remove 50% Turn Meter.
- Hunter’s kit is designed to be the foundation of the Bad Batch squad but his full potential will be revealed when you see the rest of the squad’s kits.
- Providing Stealth to your entire squad may not seem particularly useful, but it does prevent counter attacks. Stay tuned for the remaining Bad Batch kits – it may be more useful in the future