If you’re wondering what’s going to happen with SWTOR in the future, we have an update from Bruce Maclean, Senior Producer today. It’s a roadmap for 2014, including everything we can except to be coming up this year.
SWTOR has changed and grown a lot over the past year and we have seen a lot of new gameplay content and other fun to keep us happy with the game. In some ways, it doesn’t even feel like the same game that originally launched, and we mean that in a good way. So what’s next?
Dates are subject to change but here is what they have lined up for us already.
Let’s talk about some of the things coming next:
- February 4th: Game Update 2.6 – Galactic Starfighter Digital Expansion, Free-to-Play Launch
- Galactic Starfighter is now available to Free-to-Play players
- SIX new Galactic Starfighter ships featuring a new ship role, the Bomber – tough support ships that deploy mines and drones on the battlefield. They can even place Hyperspace Beacons which function as mobile respawn points for their allies!
- This update also introduces Galactic Starfighter Detailed Scoreboards with loads of new post-match information about your battle performance
- Your personal Galactic Starfighter Battle Record with detailed lifetime battle stats, and the ability to link each stat to chat
- Kuat Drive Yards is a vital starship construction site that is of interest to both factions, and forms the setting for a new modular type of flashpoint that contains different scenarios each time you play it. Kuat Drive Yards Tactical Flashpoint scales in difficulty with your level and is available to players starting at level 15
- March 14th – March 17th: Double XP weekend!
- April 8th: Game Update 2.7
- Two new Flashpoints on Tython and Korriban where the Empire and Republic confront each other directly, initiating a new storyline that will span updates across the entire year until its galaxy-shaking finale
- Nightmare Mode Dread Fortress Operation and a new tier of gear
- New Huttball Warzone on Quesh
- New Galactic Starfighter Battle Zone
- June 10th: Game Update 2.8
Sounds good to us. What do you think? Is there anything you disagree with or anything you are particularly excited about seeing come this year?