What does the future look like for Star Wars games? Well, it seems it will be very, very bright. As predicted, we’re not going to see the end of Star Wars games any time soon. With movies plotted to release over the next number of years, we’re also going to see new games – four new Star Wars games, to be exact. EA has a plan and they’ve now released at least some information about that plan to us.
As a part of this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), we got short glimpses at each one of these new games. The teases were part of the EA press conference and as we already know, EA has the publishing rights to Star Wars titles for the next 10 years. So what are they doing with it? Well, here’s what we know about the released titles so far:
- A Star Wars VR title that lets you pilot an X-Wing. It’s coming to the Playstation 4 VR headset later this year and it’s made by DICE and Criterion.
- Battlefront 2 coming in 2017
- A game from Visceral Games coming in 2018 – only a short bit of footage was shared but it looks to be a third-person action adventure game. From the makers of “Dead Space” and the head writer of the first three games in the “Uncharted” series.
- Another game very early in development so set for 2019 or beyond, from Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Titanfall 2) with an apparent focus on Jedi
- Three more expansion packs for “Star Wars: Battlefront”
- New content coming to the mobile strategy game “Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes”
- New expansions coming to the massive multiplayer online game “Star Wars: The Old Republic”
So, what do you think? Are you looking forward to the new Star Wars games and new content for the games we already know and love?