March 18, 2012
Another interesting part of the Summit was panels on Roleplaying, Guilds and the UI changes. We concluded with the “all the rest” section that was whatever hadn’t already been covered in another panel. More than 18,000 people were watching along by the end of the livestream and some livestream questions were also asked in the Q&A session.
- RP emotes, family tree, social unlocks, alignment unlocks
- Chat bubbles – we had a performance issue so we had to remove it previously.
- More orange gear with viability at end-game – wear what you want, wherever you want
- Dynamic events: NOT TALKING ABOUT IT – serverwide limited time events
- Improving spawning techs – NPCs that you can’t click on – they will increase or decrease depending on your system – we will populated the more empty areas.
- More ambient creatures
- Legacy: how does it affect roleplayers? What you like to see?
Q: Beast mounts?
Q: I don’t like a companion, can I kick him/her out?
Suggestion:Will we see a possibility of a 2-seater mount?
- We think guilds are very important to us and we have a roadmap for improving the guild experience.
- Guild UI is functional but could use more features.
- Guilds want tools to make coordinate easier and ways to show off what they do and where they place.
- Guild banks: they work and they are awesome. Up to 7 tabs you can buy, each tab goes up in price. Guild leaders can allow access to certain tabs or demand authenticators for certain tabs
- Guild bank is the hardest feature for 1.2
- Guild bank: you can repair using guild funds
- Guild leaders will have controls over the guild banks and can change and adjust settings
- Guild calendar, guild emblems – show off your guild on your armor. It’s a toggle on/off and show on certain hotspots.
- Guild advertising – make it easier for players to find & join your guild.
- Guild progression is in the world – very large project – not something you will see soon guild capital ships design exists
- No timeline for these features
- Only 1/2 of the features present here will come out with 1.2
- Retro mode: chat box down bottom left
- Edit mode: blue signify that this is a feature on that is not always on, you can move things anywhere you want
- You can scale all the UI elements individually.
- Red will signify things not turned on.
- Only 4 quickslot bars.
- Target of target is in 1.2
- Allow you to have more than two windows open at the same – especially useful for crew skill missions
- You can save your UI setups and swap it with other people.
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:jawa, dorianrohr, santinaaltenwer, CloydDaugherty, Danielleh, playbet88, elfridaauston87, webblogclubads, webblogclub, Maria Taylor
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 60, Mikkel: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 2805, Lisa Clark: 1557, Versed: 8