The guys over at Capital Games has posted a new developer insight. This time they talk about 50R-T (pronounced “Sortie”)! A tactical droid with murky origins somewhere deep within the Old Republic, she was recovered for scrap on a battlefield but has been repurposed into a croupier droid. Her new owners have taken to adapting her tactical acumen to best suit a gaming environment.The Basics:
- Droid Leader who synergizes well with other non-Separatist droids
- 50R-T brings the first Conquest Omicron to SWGoH – showcasing her ability to overcome difficult situations
- Introduces three new buffs to the game: Spare Parts, VIP, and Instant Defeat Immunity
- This Marquee character can be earned in the “Playing the Odds” event that opens this Thursday!
- New Buff: Spare Parts – +30% Critical Chance and +30% Offense; if this character is defeated, they are revived with at full Health, gain Foresight and Protection Up, and dispel this buff from all allies; this revive can’t be prevented
- New Buff: Instant Defeat Immunity – Can’t be instantly defeated, this buff can’t be copied, dispelled or prevented
- 50R-T’s revives can’t be prevented, but will only occur once for each revive. This type of revive is very rare but powerful.
- VIP – 50R-T chooses her weakest other ally as her VIP at the start of battle, providing Stealth, Offense Up, and some healing throughout the encounter. If all of her allies are Droids, she and her VIP are also immune to Turn Meter reduction.
- We’ve been spending time with our friends at Star Wars™: The Old Republic! As we were working with them on bringing Darth Malgus into our game, we also started on the idea of creating a new droid after seeing one of their concepts for an upcoming character. The look of 50R-T was inspired by some of the humanoid chassis droids in the Old Republic, with a firm nod to the Gemini class.
- We wanted a droid that would be a lifter to non-Separtist droids, giving characters like T3-M4, IG-88, and R2-D2 a new, powerful squad to be a part of.
- We leaned into her tactical background as a rationale as to why she was so good at being a croupier droid. She is one part hostess, one part dealer, one part bodyguard, and the rest of the parts are security focused.
- Being a croupier droid, it makes sense that she has access to the holographic cards used in Sabacc, and her adaptability allows her to turn those cards into potent weapons.
- Mods: Critical Chance and Health work well on 50R-T, though Critical Damage can really power up the damage output from Sabacc Shuffle
- Use 50R-T with non-Separatist droids to get the most out of her kit; she works well with both Light and Dark side droids
- Starting out with Sabacc Shuffle provides an early boost to non-Separatist droid’s Offense
- Focus enemies that have Target Lock to provide a boost to 50R-T’s next ally to take a turn
Why introduce a brand new character?
We’ve had the core idea behind 50R-T for quite some time and have been looking for a way to introduce her to Galaxy of Heroes and Star Wars as a whole. Many droids are not part of a dedicated team and have been looking for a leader to make them greater than the sum of their parts, and 50R-T fit that bill perfectly.
Why a Conquest Omicron?
We have been looking for a character to put a Conquest Omicron on since we launched the feature, but we wanted the right character and we wanted an Omicron that did something specific to help you earn better crates.
What does her Omicron do?
Similar to a Bounty Hunter’s contract, when 50R-T or one of her allies defeats the first enemy to take a turn, all of her allies are revived and can’t be damaged or defeated for 2 turns, making a three star victory all but guaranteed.
How do I get 50R-T?
You can unlock 50R-T in her new marquee event, “Playing the Odds”!
What droids does she synergize with the best?
50R-T synergizes well with non-Separatist droids like T3-M4, R2-D2, Threepio & Chewie, or IG-88.
UNIT NAME: 50R-T
CATEGORIES: Support, Droid, Leader, Old Republic
A true support character who focuses on raising her team to new heights by utilizing tactical skills to manipulate battle
BASIC: Calculated Odds
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target is Target Locked, this attack is guaranteed to critically hit if able. If all allies are Droids and this attack critically hits, the next ally to take a turn gains Advantage for 2 turns at the start of their turn.
SPECIAL 1: Sabacc Shuffle (CD:4) (Zeta)
Final Text: Deal Physical damage to all enemies 3 times and inflict Defense Down for 2 turns. At the start of battle, if all allies are non-Separatist Droids, this attack has a 60% chance to inflict Target Lock, and will remove 10% Turn Meter for each instance of damage (max 30%). Additionally, allies gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter each time this ability is used.
All allies gain 5% Turn Meter for each debuff inflicted by this ability (max 60%).
SPECIAL 2: Tactical Advantage (CD: 4)
Final Text: Dispel all debuffs on the weakest ally and they gain Advantage, Health Steal, and Speed Up for 2 turns. If the ally was a non-Separatist Droid and if any debuffs were dispelled this way, they gain Offense Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns and inflict Target Lock and Speed Down on the weakest enemy for 2 turns.
Leader – Spare Parts (Zeta) (Omicron)
Final Text: Droid allies have +35% Defense, +35 Speed, and gain Spare Parts until the end of battle, which can’t be copied, dispelled, or prevented. At the start of battle, if all allies are Droids, 50R-T gains 30% Max Health and 40 Speed.
Spare Parts: +30% Critical Chance and +30% Offense; if this character is defeated, they are revived with 100% Health, gain Foresight and Protection Up (50%) for 2 turns, and dispel this buff from all allies; this revive can’t be prevented
While in Conquest: If all allies are non-Separatist Droids, the first time in battle the first enemy to take a turn is defeated, all allies are revived with 60% Health, and gain Damage Immunity and Instant Defeat Immunity for 2 turns, these buffs can’t be copied, dispelled, or prevented. This revive can’t be prevented.
UNIQUE: VIP Treatment
Final Text: At the start of battle, the weakest other ally gains VIP. Whenever the VIP is damaged, they gain Stealth for 2 turns and 50R-T recovers 5% Health and Protection. Whenever 50R-T is damaged, allies with VIP recover Health and Protection equal to 5% of 50R-T’s Max Health and Protection and they gain Offense Up for 2 turns, 50R-T then gains Defense Up and 50% Protection Up (stacking, max 250%) for 2 turns. If all allies are Droids at the start of battle, 50R-T and the VIP are immune to Turn Meter reduction.
VIP: When receiving damage, gain bonuses from characters that utilize VIP