Please consider registering
March 18, 2012
One of the most anticipated characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, is coming to the game very soon! Here is the break down. You can find the kit reveal in the Arena and Character Strategy section of the forums or read on below to find out more.
UNIT NAME: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
CATEGORIES: Attacker, Light Side, Leader, Jedi
Stalwart Jedi hero of legend who ascends to victorious heights alongside his Jedi allies through the will of the Force
Basic: Prevailing Strike
FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs and deal Physical damage to target enemy, then reduce their critical damage by 10% (stacking). Then Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gains 10% Max Protection (stacking, max 100%) until end of encounter. This ability can't be countered.
Special 1: Stalwart Advance (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call another target ally to assist. Target enemy is inflicted with Blind for 2 turns.
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gains Jedi's Will for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled, copied, or prevented. If other target ally is a Jedi, who is not Old Republic, they also gain Jedi's Will for 2 turns.
Jedi's Will: +100% Counter Chance, +25% Offense, +25% Speed, and all attacks ignore Defense
Special 2: Repulse (Cooldown 5)
FINAL TEXT: Inflict Stun for 1 turn and Vulnerable for 2 turns on all enemies. Until end of encounter, all enemies lose 10% Max Health and Protection (stacking, max: 50%).
Repulse on Raid Bosses: Deal damage three times and Vulnerable for 2 turns.
This ability can't be evaded or resisted.
Unique 1: (ZETA) Jedi Knights Resolve
FINAL TEXT: Each time Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is damaged, he gains 5% Turn Meter and 5% Offense (stacking, max 25%) until he he uses Prevailing Strike on his turn. When he attacks out of turn or is critically hit, he gains 2 Speed (stacking, max 20) until end of encounter.
At the end of each other Jedi ally's turn (excluding Old Republic Jedi), Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gains 10% Turn Meter.
Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is immune to Stun and Fear.
Leader: (ZETA) The Return of the Jedi
FINAL TEXT: All Light Side allies have +15% Critical Chance and Critical Damage, doubled for Jedi allies.
At the start of each of Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker's turns, all enemies are reduced to his base Speed until end of encounter, and their Speed can't be manipulated after their Speed is set (his base value is recorded at the start of encounter before any buffs or debuffs are applied). This leader ability does not affect Raid Bosses and does not activate if the enemy side also has a similar ability or a Galactic Legend.
At the start of encounter, all Jedi allies (excluding Old Republic Jedi) gain the granted ability Heroes Arise.
Heroes Arise: Dispel all debuffs on all allies then call all Jedi allies to assist, dealing 20% less damage. All Jedi allies (excluding Old Republic Jedi) recover 25% Health and Protection and gain Jedi's Will for 2 turns. Then Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is granted 100% Turn Meter.
This ability is on a shared cooldown between allies who have Heroes Arise and is immune to cooldown manipulation (Cooldown: 10).
Despite his humble beginnings as a moisture farmer on Tatooine making runs to Tosche Station for power converters, we always knew Luke Skywalker was destined for greater things. His victory over Jabba the Hutt was a mere hint at the strong bond Luke shared with the Force as a Jedi Knight, a lesson the Empire would later learn firsthand during the Battle of Endor. Luke’s leader ability, Return of the Jedi, helps to restore balance to the Force by granting bonuses and dispelling negative effects from allies, while also reducing all enemies to Luke’s base Speed.
- Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker is a Light Side Jedi leader that relies on reducing the enemy squad’s Critical Damage and has powerful offensive capabilities
- His Special 2, Repulse, can stun the whole enemy squad and reduces their max health and protection
- Luke’s training makes him ideal to lead Jedi squads as his leader ability provides direct bonuses for Jedi, but can also lead a more general Light Side squad
- Jedi Knight Luke’s most unique skill is his Leader Ability, Return of the Jedi, which reduces enemies speed to his base speed at the start of his turn
- The speed reduction effect does not occur at the start of battle, only when Luke takes his first turn and then reapplied every turn he takes after that
- Slower enemy characters will not have their speed increased
- His Basic attack, Prevailing Strike, introduces a new concept: reducing Critical Damage of his target, stacking up over time and hampering Critical Damage based squads
- Luke can apply a unique buff, Jedi’s Will, that provides +100% Counter Chance, +25% Offense, +25% Speed, and all attacks ignore Defense
- Luke provides allies with a granted ability, Heroes Arise, to all Jedi (excluding Old Republic Jedi)
- Activating the ability dispels debuffs on all allies
- All Jedi (again excluding Old Republic Jedi) are called to assist, are provided with Jedi’s Will, and heal their health and protection
- This ability has a shared Cooldown across the squad and is immune to cooldown manipulation
- The new event for Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker closely follows the story of The Empire Strikes Back and includes some of the most memorable confrontations on Hoth, Dagobah and Cloud City
- The designers rewatched the movie multiple times for inspiration (though we already were for the anniversary!) and to capture the most exciting combat moves
- We also looked at the Battlefront 2’s Luke Skywalker for inspiration; how they captured Luke’s iconic moves and appearance and how this would translate into Galaxy of Heroes
- You will want Jedi with a fast base speed in order to use Heroes Arise quickly
- Heroes Arise will grant Luke 100% turn meter and allow his Leader Ability to trigger quickly while not needing high speed mods
- Repulse - Special 2, is effective for shutting down the enemy team for a turn with an AoE stun
- Use Special 1 and Heroes Arise to distribute Jedi’s Will to as many squadmates as possible
- Focus on calling Jedi Knight Luke to assist, as his Unique provides stacking Speed when he attacks out of turn
- Hermit Yoda has a fast base speed and support options that will allow Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker to take his turn as soon as possible
- Grand Master Yoda helps the squad by taking turns as quickly as possible to reduce the cooldown of Heroes Arise
- General Kenobi supports the squad with a strong Jedi tank that also provides dispels and taunts to keep the heat off the softer allies
- General Anakin Skywalker is one of the best Jedi faction damage dealers and pairs well with the call assist from Luke’s Special 1
If Jedi Knight Luke attacks out of turn and uses his Basic, does the Offense and Turn Meter from Jedi Knight's Resolve reset?
- No, this is not removed by countering or assisting out of turn. These bonuses only reset when he takes his turn and uses Prevailing Strike
Is Jedi's Will applied before or after the assist when using Special 1: Stalwart Advance?
- Jedi’s Will is applied after Jedi Knight Luke attacks and the ally assists
Does Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker reduce the enemy’s Critical Damage when attacking out of turn?
- Yes, the effects from the Basic apply when attacking out of turn
Can Heroes Arise be blocked by Ability Block?
- The cooldown for Heroes Arise will reduce when each Jedi takes a turn. This ability can be Ability Blocked, even though it's immune to cooldown manipulation
What happens when two Jedi Knight Luke’s face off against each other?
- If they are both in the leader slot, then both abilities cancel each other out
- If only one Luke is in the leader slot then this effect will still trigger
Why doesn’t Jedi Knight Luke interact with Old Republic Jedi?
We chose to exclude Old Republic Jedi for a couple reasons:
- We wanted to keep those already existing Jedi Knight Revan squads together - they have their own fun mechanics and an interesting interaction between squad members that many players use regularly
- This exception allows Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker to have his own unique strategy and mechanics to create a different style of play
- We discovered during balance testing that allowing Old Republic Jedi was detrimental to the balance that we were trying to achieve with this character
We also wanted Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker to encourage players to use the Jedi characters that we released in the past
Most Users Ever Online: 497
Currently Browsing this Page:
Philip Thalberg: 25
Dann Albright: 6
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members:nsoprano, Kendevia, cannon1, ZacharyEdwards, arglebargle, antonysmith1990, Aniend1968, narppeasant, Honialal, Perara
Moderators: Peter Andersen: 88, Mikkel: 0
Administrators: Soeren Kamper: 3201, Lisa Clark: 1952, Versed: 8