One of the most exciting portions of the guild summit for many players was the talk of PvP.
- Player vs. Player Discussion medal system- not balanced across classes right now.
- No specific queues for warzones
- Novare Coast: majority control objective – 3 point objective. You need least 2 out of 3 to do damage to fortification.
- Character warzone ratings for both solo and group player
- New warzone dailies – based on medal system as opposed to wins.
- We didn’t finish all the medals – we are introducing a lot more medals for objectives, catching a ball, scoring in huttball, be the first to plant a bomb
- 18 new medals
- “We want to discourage medal farming” – medal rewards are capped. We are doubling the amount of medals but cap it at ~8. If you finish a warzone fast, you can get a bunch of subsequent medals.
- We are introducing more rewards per medal
- Vote to kick: players can vote inactive players out of the warzone.
- Efforts to combat AFK – needs minimal player contribution to get medals – if you just sit around you not going to get much.
- New tier of PvP gear – War Hero.
- Greater stats differences from PvE gear. more leaning on expertise and leaning on other stats that are more PvP focused
- New lightsaber colors
- New PvP crafting – adding expertise crystals.
- Future of warzones: existing warzones will allow for same faction vs. faction – training mode scenarios. Timeline – 1.2-1.3
Cross server warzone queuing – “we will have incentives for grouping with people of the same server” – this allows for a lot more competition. Will include ability to choose a specific warzone.
Ranked warzone: full 8 people group allowed. Timeline is TBD.
Persistence groups across warzones so you don’t have to reform them between warzones – something to be added in the future (yes!)
Ilum is going “back to the drawing board”. Quests will be removed. Zone will still exist but no in-game incentive to go there.
- “We got a bit too ambitious with Ilum” –Plans to redesign Ilum to be more fun and engaging – if it is the right time and right place it is going to be fun – we want to make timed objectives.
- Less randomness from rewards for PvP progression.
- With ranked warzones we can tier our PvP content and therefore able to tier our PvP gear . minor changes to Outlaw den – we want players to get there quick. We will be introducing some quick travel. Leaving it as a PvP sandbox.
- “We are aware of speed hacking/exploiting – we want to control them before we get to season 1 of ranked warzones.”
Q: Any plans for just pugs in normal warzones right now so you don’t have to worry about getting steam-rolled by premades.