Here is the SWTOR 5.2 Developer Livestream coverage where Iokath and other contentcovered. Check it out:
- Community Topics
- War for Iokath
- New Daily Area and PvP
- Gods from the Machine
- New Galaxy Map
- Star Wars Celebration
- Unassembled Components and Legacy – Something we are interested in doing, havn’t decided if that is something we are doing. Most commonly requested feature.
- Class changes – No class changes in 5.2. One of the class designers just had a kid but once he is back they will dive into that. He is not the only one working on the class changes.
- Command XP after the event – Command XP boost will stay after 5.2 launches. Base XP will be lower but they are giving CXP back to enemies.
- Spending tokens, unassembled pieces, and unassembled components – Changes coming to vendor. They are adding tier 1 gear from CXP crates to the vendors so you can buy with them with tokens (this is coming after 5.2). Vendors will show gear for your discipline by default but you can switch it to show all for alts etc.
Warbound Crusader Pack
- These items will be coming next Tuesday with 5.2
- Everyone is on Iokath for the Superweapon and resources they need to continue the war with each other. You need to support either Republic or the Empire on Iokath.
- Returning companions – Quinn and Elara. They will side with you depending on if you side with Empire/Republic. Sith Warriors may have another way to get Quinn back. There are still choices you can make that determines if you get them or not. These companions are tied to the story, and not dailies/reputation.
- Season 8 PvP will go on a bit longer, no date on end date.
- You just need to be level 70 to access Patch 5.2 content. Which means you must have been a subscriber in the past but don’t need to be a current subscriber.
New Daily Area
- Opens up once you finish the story, which is not repeatable.
- You can collect currency in the daily area and use them to command walkers, stationary turrets, Iokath monitor droids, and mouse droids.
- Player vs Player – even though you make a choice in the story to support Empire/Republic, everyday you can log back in and pick a side to support for daily activities. This allow you to work on both the Empire and the Republic Iokath reputation tracks.
- Unfortunately you cannot team up with players of the opposite faction that picked the same faction to support but they will be friendly to you.
- When you kill players on Iokath, they will drop Iokath currency like the regular NPCs but you are not stealing their Iokath currency.
Gods from the Machine – Tyth
- Being in playtesting for a long time by multiple guilds. Lots of footage on youtube if you type Tyth
New Galaxy Map
- Wanted to improve the experience of the Galaxy map. Old map was pretty but clunky.
- You can access this galaxy from anywhere now via the UI, as long you got your ship. This allow you to quick travel from any planet to another planet via this new galaxy map.