BioWare had a producer livestream on Twitch yesterday. Here is a rundown of it:
Ben Irving (Lead Producer) and Musco are present in the livestream.
- Ben was lead development producer and responsible for most of the updates from patch 2.4 and onwards.
- Ben quit his job in Australia and moved to Austin, TX to try to work on SWTOR.
State of Galaxy/Player Feedback
- Player feedback has been very positive – shows collections of facebook messages/tweets praising the expansion.
Chapter X: Anarchy in Paradise
- Coming out in Feb 11
- Recruit a dangerous ally (Kaliyo, now known as Firebrand)
- Continue your personal story and make deadly decisions and face the consequences.
- Choices really matter in this chapter. There is one choice you will immediately notice the consequence after the chapter finishes and another choice you will notice in later chapters.
- Short teaser clip of Chapter 10 shown (literally just Kaliyo pointing a gun at the main character and saying one sentence).
- Info on official site: http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards
- Subscribe by Jan 11, receive HK-55 as a permanent companion on Feb 11 when Chapter X comes out. You will get a recruitment mission to get HK-55 back.
- Subscribe from Jan 11 to Aug 1, play HK-55 bonus chapter where you play as HK-55. Date of this chapter release announced in Feb. Also monthly reward for subscribing related to HK-55
- Be a subscriber by Feb 1, receive early access on Chapter 10 on Feb 9. Early access for all the chapters that comes out in a month if you if you subscribe on the 1st of each month.
More in Chapter X: Anarchy in Paradise
- Recruit the Wookie Gladiator, Bowdaar via fight for the Eternal Champion in the lower levels of Zakuul. Defeat enough enemies to earn influence with Bowdaar. It is a solo event where you take on as many mobs as you can.
- Reach New Heights of Crafting. Adding some new levels to crafting. Give solo players more ways to craft powerful gear.
Events in December
- Gree, Rakghoul Plague, Bounty Contract Week. More details on the events tomorrow in a blog post.
- 4th anniversary. Login between December 8 and Jan 4 to receive HK-47 decoration and more.
- Life Day – all the Life Day rewards available previously will be available for purchase ingame (even those that were previously in cartel market).
- Double XP to coincide with movie release date.
Dulfy recorded the whole show. Check it out below:
Producer Letter Livestream Wrap-up | 12.01.2015, 11:50 PM
Here is a wrap-up of the things we talked about on the Producer Letter Livestream…
Chapter 10 – Anarchy in Paradise will be launching on February 11th. Along with Chapter 10, will be Game Update 4.1 which will include Fighting for the Eternal Championship, Bowdaar as an unlockable Companion through Alliance, and updates to Crafting. We will have more details on those changes in January.
We have a whole host of new subscriber rewards for you as well:
- Be a subscriber on January 11th and receive HK-55 as a playable Companion when 4.1 launches on 2/9.
- Be a subscriber continuously from January 11th through the launch of Chapter 16, and receive an entire bonus Chapter where you will play as HK-55!
- Be a subscriber on the 1st of each month, and receive 2 days of early access to any Chapter which launches that month. This includes Chapter 10 in February.
- There will also be additional monthly subscriber rewards throughout Season 1, most of which will be themed around HK-55.
Throughout the month of December, we will have plenty of things going on as well. The Gree, Rakghoul, and Bounty Contract events will each run for a week. Log in any time from 12/8 to 1/5 to receive our 4th anniversary rewards, including an HK-51 Stronghold Decoration, more information later this week! We will also be running Life Day and Double XP, more info on those tomorrow.
We hope you enjoyed the stream and want to thank you all for tuning in. If you have any questions about the stream or anything else, throw them in this thread and I will work with Ben on getting them answered. Thanks!
Let’s see HK-55 again: