If you’ve been playing SWTOR after 1.4, then you already know there are some bugs and issues. Well, BioWare staff are aware of them as well. This is to be expected any time a large new game update comes out but if you’re wondering whether or not you should report a problem or if it is already a known bug, they released a thread today to help you.
Here are the known bugs and issues in Game update 1.4 from Amber Green:
Hello everyone! We appreciate you joining us to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and we hope you enjoy the game. As MMORPGs are large and complex projects, inevitably we do discover issues that may affect gameplay. We’re working constantly to fix anything that will affect the player experience, but for now this is our current list of high priority in-game known issues. Please note that this is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all bugs that the developers are working on. Also, we encourage you to report any issues that you do not see on this list via the in-game /bug feature.
UPDATED: September 27th, 2012
- If players join a group conversation via holocall, their preset mood emote will not function and can not be set.
- Mood emotes that are set during a cinematic will not update as intended.
- Players who log out of the game client while on a group member’s ship will be unable to exit the ship after logging back in.
Workaround: Players can exit the ship by using their Emergency Fleet Pass ability.
- When attempting to manually add a replacement player to a group that is waiting to fill the slot via the Group Finder Queue, players will not be given an error message indicating that their action is not allowed.
- If players enters Group Finder content while on their personal starship, attempting to leave the ship after the content is complete will cause the client to become stuck on the loading screen.
Workaround: Using the Galaxy Map to travel to a new location before exiting the starship after Group Finder content will prevent becoming stuck.
- Under some circumstances, Sith Assassin and Jedi Shadow Lightsabers will remain visible while the character is using stealth.
- Entering a cut scene can cause hidden companion headgear to reappear in some instances.
Workaround: To hide the gear again, players can dismiss and resummon their companion or toggle the “Hide Head Slot” option off and then on again via the Preferences.
- Companion Lightsaber glowing may persist in some circumstances after the companion has been dismissed.
- Gault: When the ability “Volley” is activated manually by the player, the channel bar will only appear briefly and the ability will cancel early. When it is used by Gault automatically, the channel will work properly.
- Companion conversations will not trigger properly in the Drunkard’s Vote Cantina on Coruscant.
- Nadia Grell: The “Unify Colors to Chestpiece” option does not work with “Master’s MK-2 Lower Robe.”“
- When attempting to learn a schematic that is already known, the schematic will be consumed instead of providing an error.
- When a moddable item is being reverse engineered, it is possible to add new item modifications into the item before accepting the materials from the reverse engineering process. Doing so will the the item modifications to be lost with no additional materials produced.
- The timer for resetting a Flashpoint phase does not reset after 5 minutes as intended.
- Operation: Terror From Beyond: The “Tunneling Tentacles” buff does not properly update during the encounter with Terror from Beyond.
- Operation: Terror From Beyond: During the encounter with Kel’Sara, the “Mark of Death” ability will not be visible by players with a Graphics Quality Preset of “Very Low”“
- Operation: Terror From Beyond: Recognizer and Regulator’s targeting reticles may not display properly when players are standing on the outer (blue) circle of the encounter’s platform.
- If players are on a mission step that requires them to return to their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant), using the Legacy ability “Priority Transport: Capital World” will not properly update the mission step.
Workaround: Players must return to their ship, leave the Capital World, and then return by means other than the “Priority Transport: Capital World” Legacy ability in order to advance the mission.
Missions and NPCs
- Bounty Hunter: Number One With A Bullet: The loading screen text does not update as intended. This does not affect the character’s game progress, and the mission’s completion is valid.
- Imperial Agent: Hostile Takeover: When using the “Droid Disguise” to infiltrate the VerveGen Corporation, characters will become completely invisible.
- Currently, the Imperial Fleet does not have a Quesh Commendation Vendor
Workaround: Imperial players must travel to the planet to spend Quesh commendations.
- Players who have reached Valor Rank 100 are not properly promoted to Operations Leader in Warzones.
Items and Economy
- When purchasing the Czerka Patroller Speeder from Barik on the Republic Fleet, players will not be given a confirmation box before purchasing.
- Adding or removing a crystal does not update the credit value of the items as intended.
- Engine trails from the back of ships are not displaying properly.
- GTN: Including multiple words in the “Name” filter of the GTN will provide too many results due to matching at least one word instead of all.
- GTN: The GTN is currently missing the option to filter items for the “Strength” stat.
- The “Hide Head Slot” does not function properly when toggled in the options menu (Preferences > Social).
Workaround: The toggle works correctly when selected from the Customize Appearance button on the bottom right corner of the Character Window.
- If a player deletes a character immediately after renaming it, and that rename causes a move in the character list due to alphabetization, the character occupying the slot previously held by the renamed character will be deleted instead. This is a very rare case and it is being corrected as a high priority.
Workaround: To avoid this issue, if you have renamed a character fully exit the game and then log back in before deleting any characters.
- After server consolidation, when logging in the Legacy button on the UI will continue to flash, even after the Legacy Window is opened. The flashing will not persist after players have logged out and back in.
- If a player selects “x” to cancel after choosing “Set Comment” on the Friends List, the button for “Set Comment” will become unusable.
Workaround: Players can reset the UI by pressing CTRL+U twice to resolve the issue.
- Online friends will sometimes display as offline on the “Friends” tab of the Social Window.
- The Logout Window will not appear as intended if a player logs out while inside of a phase and in a group .
- Anti-aliasing settings do not update to “High” when the Graphics Quality Preset is set to “High.””
- Right clicking in names in chat will not provide social options as intended.